Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Destroying Compassion

Ugh, compassion.  What a load of tripe. Honestly, the only reason I'm glad it exists is because of the joy I get in taking advantage of those foolish enough to be compassionate.

But enough about me.  According to this article, our good friend the news is chipping away at the compassion of our youth.  It makes sense, really, being bombarded with images of death and colorful juxtopositions, it is quite easy to become desensitized to this.  By preventing real, adult compassion from reaching the eyes of our youth, we are effectively depriving them of the ability to connect with the abused emotionally.

"If things are happening too fast, you may not ever fully experience emotions about other people’s psychological states and that would have implications for your morality"

Evil parents, I heartily applaud your efforts at getting your children to watch the news.  The world will be a much worse place if only everyone were like you.

3 comments:

  1. I cann't tell if you are sarcastic or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like this is a satirical criticism of society. I like it. >:)

    ReplyDelete